Reading Wishlist

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Why Do I Read?

In todays modern society it is easier to get caught up in texting, instant messaging and social media. It feels like there is never an escape from the internet world, and I will admit its addicting. The best way for me though to escape the stress of the everyday life is putting aside my own story and focusing on someone else's.
Reading for me is an escape, its a calm time where you can relax and just focus on being in another story. The best thing about books is that they're are so many options of stories you would want to live in for a moment of your time. Some people like historical fiction, non fiction, science fiction, romance, mysteries and so much more than you have your free will to choose. It's a movie in your head where you make the scenes and interpret through your own thoughts but still by reading someone elses words.
Through reading I am taking a break in reality and enjoying a story that could teach me lessons, or even just put me through an experience I've never been through. Reading is escape from reality but it also makes reality a little less stressful.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you include a very modern and relatable reason for avoiding reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said, "It's a movie in your head where you make the scenes and interpret through your own thoughts but still by reading someone elses words." I think this is something really unique that you can only do in books. In movies, all the images are given to you, and you can't imagine things for yourself. But with books, you can read a story and make it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree how getting caught up in the digital world takes away and reading is an escape from all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job of showing how reading is an escape from the daily grind and how it offers us a chance to pause and re-see that life.

    ReplyDelete