Reading Wishlist

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Post 2

A book is a journey into a new world. It is a ride of emotion, suspense, and thrill inside your head. In reality though you are just reading a bunch of words that somehow connects within your mind. I agree with Tom Piazza when he says novels offer a new perspective, where you can pretend to be somone else for a certain amount of time in a day. You take a break from your own story and its like a paradise island where you can finally be someone else.
I believe that books whether it comes from an electronic device or actual hard cover it doesn't matter where it comes from because you're still going to be reading the same story. None of the words are changed and the story doesn't have a different ending, it's still going to be the amazing story we've grown to love. I understand the connection of having to hold the actual book compared to just looking at a flat screen. I love book stores, I love seeing the variety of books and being able to read through some pages compared to only seeing a glimpse of a few pages on the kindle. At the same time though whenever I buy a book off of my kindle the price is much lower compared to buying one in a book store, and it doesn't require me to go anywhere. It's just a few clicks and boom, I have my new book.
I dont compare a book based on being an electronic or hard copy, I base the book on the story it gives me. People need to realize that the importance of the story in the book is much more valuable then being able to stock on it on a book shelf or being stored in a kindle. The story should be more looked upon than regardless of how it looks when you are reading it.

1 comment:

  1. "Tom Piazza when he says novels offer a new perspective, where you can pretend to be somone else for a certain amount of time in a day"
    I love this quote!

    ReplyDelete