Reading Wishlist

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Book 1

Believe me when I say you have no idea how many times my friends haved told me to read The Fault in Our Stars. Everyone kept crying, sobbing, laughing, fantasizing about this book that it only made me less interested in reading it. I today have still not read one book of Nicholas Sparks for the same reason, for me the stories seem way too cheesy. Once I finally decided to read The Fault in Our Stars, my opinion changed drastically.

If I could scale this book from 1-10 in a heartbeat I would say infinity. This book opened my eyes into the world of people going through cancer. In my perspective I always defined those kids of people based on their disease just how one of the main characters complains about in the book. I never realized how one sided I was looking into these people, knowing that they're could be so much more to a person.

The main character Hazel was by far my favorite character in any book. I love how she made fun of the group therapy, she didn't want people to feel sorry for her, and she just wanted one thing, freedom. She opened my eyes to how she is a "side effect" in life, and how in comparison when someone is killed in a car accident will recieve more sympathy compared to a kid dying of cancer. She believed she was in a losing battle but she still had dreams and goals.

And ofcourse what makes a successful story is having a little romance. Agustus is the definition of the perfect guy in almost every girls eyes. He's flirtatious, good looking, funny and ofcourse there's always a dark side that every girl wants to see. But the connection Hazel and Augustus had was not only true love, but I would consider a better love story than any nicholas sparks movie I've ever seen. It was REALISTIC. It had heartbreaks, suspense, it was just amazing!

The tragic story of the novel by far has opened my eyes to even just my taste in books. By far one of the best novels I have ever read.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that this book was so good. I always avoided it for the same reasons that you did. I also didn't know that they book had some romance in it. It does sound like a good book.

    ReplyDelete